Need a vacation? Plan something exotic!
We all need a break from our tight packed schedules. If you are planning to take a break from your boring daily routines, then plan your vacations in Kathmandu.
Here, are top 8 reasons that will definitely convince you to spend your holidays in Kathmandu.
1. The Annapurna Region: Nepal is home to the Annapurna Region which is known for having some of the world’s best trekking routes. There is also the Lake City of Pokhara and shorter treks.
2. The high peaks: Kathmandu is famous for its high peaks as well. Seven of the world’s highest peaks are situated within Nepal. All of the peaks reach over 20,000 ft. You may not actually be on top of the world, but it will sure feel like you are.
3. Bird watch: Another exotic reason to go Kathmandu. With over 856 known species, Nepal is a bird watcher’s paradise. That’s almost 10% of the world’s total bird population. Chances are you’ll see several birds during your stay.
4. World Heritage site: Nepal is home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites which further adds to the cultural charm. Make sure to check out the various temples, monasteries, inns, and more to experience Old World culture. You will surely going to enjoy it.
5. Value for money: Nepal is surprisingly affordable. You can easily afford it. This is particularly true if you compare Nepal’s hiking trails to others such as Kilimanjaro or the Inca Trail. Everything is affordable there.
6. The lakes: The various lakes of Nepal are known not only for their outstanding beauty but also for their spiritual importance. You will get peace there. There are over 200 lakes in Nepal with glacier origin.
7. Diverse cultures: Over 35 different ethnic groups call Nepal home. Different cultures live here under the same roof. This means there are multiple religions, languages, musical influence, and foods. Nepal is a wonderful place to immerse yourself into different cultures and leave your comfort zone. And Nepal is the only place in the world where people worship the living goddess, Kumari.
8. Nepalese delicious food: Although Nepalase dishes do result from heavy South Asian influences like China and India, the food is usually healthier with more lean meats and veggies. Other common ingredients include lentils, tomatoes, cumin, potatoes, yogurt, and garlic. And you can eat overlooking views like this!
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at