Are you a chocoholic? Here are few facts you need to know
We all can say ‘No’ to several food items but saying no to chocolate is next to impossible. 7 July is celebrated as World Chocolate Day, and today you can freely celebrate your love for all things chocolate.
Chocolates play a vital role in our relationships too. It can help you to initiate new friendship, it can help you to heal your broken relationship, and it can even help you to concentrate better.
Interesting Facts about Chocolate:
- The word Chocolate comes from the Aztec word “xocoatl’, which referred to the bitter, spicy drink and the Aztecs made from cacao beans.
- During the Revolutionary Wars, soldiers were sometimes paid in chocolates.
- Hershey’s Kisses got their name from the kissing sound the machine that deposits the chocolate on the conveyor belt makes.
- Interestingly, the inventor of Chip Cookie, Ruth Wakefield, sold her cookie recipe to Nestle in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
- Notably, there is a rare fourth kind of chocolate in addition to the classic milk, dark, and white varieties: Blond Chocolate.
- The first chocolate bar was invented in 1847 by Joseph Fry.
- The chocolate industry is worth approximately $110 billion per year.
- German Chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany; it’s named after its inventor, Sam German.
Share Chocolate and add sweetness in your life:
So its world chocolate day, do not forget to treat yourself with chocolate. Share with your loved ones and add sweetness in your life!
Happy Chocolate Day to everyone from the entire team of One World News!
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at