Want to end a friendship? Do it in a mature way
Sometimes we are mistaken in choosing our friends. It’s up to you, believe it or not, your parents may have been right. There is a need to cut toxic friends out. So, here are the ways to end a friendship in a mature way. Sometimes our parents keep warning us about certain friends, but we hardly listen to them. As we get older, we realize they were actually right. Sometimes, friends just are not good friends. And sometime, you need to know how to end a friendship and walk away for good.
Always remember that trust and respect are earned, and they should be cherished for the lifetime. If your friend is not inspiring, motivating, helpful, trustworthy, or active in your life then dumping your friend might be a good option.
Just like in every relationship, friends should always be there during the good and bad times, if they are using you then they are not friends.
This is how you should cut the friendship from that toxic person, here are few ways to end a friendship in a mature way.
1. Don’t block him or her overnight: Avoid taking this action. You are an adult, act like it. Cutting people overnight out from your life is for teenagers not for you. Blocking them is not a solution. Such acts can rather make the circumstances awkward.
2. Communicate with him/her: Even you guys are no more friends then also communicate with each other. Talk less but at least talk. Express how you feel, and why you need to stop being friends. Keep it simple and polite. If they overreact, you should still remain honourable.
3. Don’t complaint about this friend with your other friends: A lot of people can take advantage of your broken relationship, so don’t share it with anyone. You never know who might misconvey what you say, and run off with the wrong information. Avoid drama at all costs. So, it’s better to say that things didn’t work out therefore you guys parted your ways.
4. Never ignore your friend: Never do this. You used to be close and used to share good equations. If they need you just be there, but make sure it’s just about your issues and not another topic. Otherwise, they might consider this a way back into your life. Consider an example, if your ex-friend wants to talk about their relationship issues, or what they got when they went out that day, kindly remind them that you people are no more friends. But, if they want to talk about your issues, then surely talk to them.
5. You may need to cut out your mutual friends: Your mutual friends can be hazardous for you sometimes. Remember how you should not gossip about the issues to other people? Well, sometimes you should cut those people out too. And especially it’s very important when your mutual friends always keep asking you about the cause of your separation.
6. Fill your life with people that fulfil your life with happiness and also motivates you
People who motivate us, our always close to our heart. We need these kind of people because they are the one who always make us a confident person.
At least, do not repeat the same mistake. You have already let one friend go, if not several, so now is the time to be more observant and cautious when you make new friends.
7. Live your life fullest: After getting separated from the toxic friends you will definitely realise the worth of your life. Ignore any rumours that may arise. If your friend is stuck in high school and goes around talking badly behind your back, or spreading rumours about you, evaluate who it is you are hanging around with. Once a friendship is over, you should not be hearing from, or about, your ex-friend. If somehow you still hear stories, cut out the people talking about it or ask them to stop.
Avoid clearing up the rumours, do not spread more to get back at your old friend. Live your life and try to keep yourself engrossed in different works.
We know ending a friendship can be devastating, it can arise the feeling of guilt in you. Try to solve the issues, but remember you are not a bad person if you stop being their friend. Believe in yourself.