Bull’s Eye will be on India’s counter to terrorism
Bull’s Eye will be on India’s counter to terrorism:-India is all set to host the eighth BRICS Summit, which will begin from tomorrow in South Goa. India has already welcomed the guest nations for the Summit, and Indian diplomats have much more on their plate this weekend.
There will be a range of topics that would be discussed in the summit, but terrorism would remain the prime issue. Prime Minister Narendra Modi today tweeted his welcome greetings for all the guests.
According to reports, Modi along with all the cabinet leaders, who will speak in the summit, will reach Goa today.
Here are six important things you should know about the BRICS Summit2016:
- India’s contingent will try to draw world’s attention towards Pakistan’s acts and on top of the list will remain Russia. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold the talks with Russian President, Vladmir Putin, who has already reached Goa
- India and Russia will sign some important agreements, including major defence deals to mark the celebration of 70 years of diplomatic relations between both the nations.
- Narendra Modi will also hold the talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping tomorrow at the summit
- BRICS Leaders will hold a meeting with all BIMSTEC nations to look at the ways to facilitate trade between the countries. Notably India will strengthen this regional group to further isolate Pakistan diplomatically
- According to reports, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to seek help from BRICS nations to get entry into the Nuclear Suppliers Group
- It is the 8th BRICS Summit, the theme of the Summit this year is Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions
Arrival of Chinese President and Protest
Ahead of Chinese President visit in Goa, Tibetan group student are protesting outside the Chinese embassy. According to reports, Tibetan Youth Congress had announced on Wednesday to stage the protest against Chinese President in Goa, but this might add more discomfort between India and China relations.