Mcleodganj is an exotic location: Here are few reasons why you should plan a trip right away!
Winters are all round the corner and we know all are eagerly waiting for it. Mcleodganj is a suburb area of Dharanshala in Kangara district of Himachal Pradesh. This winter give yourself a break and visit the heavenly called place ‘Mcleodganj’!
Here are five convincing reasons why you should visit Mcleodganj this winter
1. Soothing beauty of Mcleodganj: Hill stations are famous for their scenic beauty and Mcleodganj is no behind when it comes to visual treat. The best part being, you will be able to witness fog, greenery, ice and sunlight all in one frame.
2. Dalai Lama temple: Dalai Lama temple is the first thing that comes up in the list of places to see in Mcleodganj. This is one of the famous temples located in Mcleodganj. It is one of the most beautiful and peaceful temples you can ever witness. It is situated at a walking distance from the Mcleodganj main market. It is a perfect place to meditate and de-stress yourself. The prayer chants of the monks inside the temple will make you glued to the temple for a long time. The temple is very colorful and clean and you could simply mediate here.
3. Shopping point: Mcleodganj is full with colorful shops selling their local creations and antiques. You would not want to miss a walk down their lanes and enjoy shopping their cultural things. You can find very unique woolen wears like leg warmers, ankle length woolen socks, calf length woolen socks at very cheap prices. The authenticity and creativity is worth buying. You cannot stop yourself from buying things. There are many antique shops which sells unique souvenir gifts that you can buy for your friends and family. One of the must buy is their player flag which is very colorful and is considered to be their lucky charm as well.
4. Cannot miss the local food: Mcleodganj is not just rich in the scenic beauty it has more to offer in its kitty. One among many to look forward to is the food. You should definitely try the hot and steaming momos in the lanes of local markets. You can easily locate one as there are many at every nook and corner. You should also pay a visit to the Tibet Kitchen and try their amazing dishes. They are many stalls in and around the market selling tea, coffee, pakaude and egg dishes that you can easily enjoy on the go.
5. A quick visit to Dal Lake and Bhagsu Fall: You will wonder when did the Dal lake shift to Mcleodganj from Kashmir. No need to get in shock there is a Dal lake in Mcleodganj as well. You will see this lake while going to Naddi point. It is a peaceful lake wherein you can spend some leisure time, click some photos and enjoy the view of green colored water surrounded by tall Deodar trees. This lake is considered to be sacred because of a Shiva temple located at the bank of the river. After Dal Lake another point that you should cover is the Bhagsu fall. Bhagsu fall is situated close to Bhagsu temple. You will have to trek for half an hour to reach Bhagsu fall.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com