30 Millennial words that you should know
We have often heard people saying – It’s a millennial thing. Well, people who were born between early 80s to the mid of 90s are known as millennials. They are breaking the stereotypes, and their way of living is completely different from Generation X. They are fearless, they are bold, and they are unapologetic about themselves. These days whatever millennials do becomes a style statement. Here are 30 millennial words that you should add in your dictionary right now.
1. Savage: It is so common these days. It is already in the mainstream. It means something is really cool.
2. Bohemian: People who are little unsocial
3. OOTD: Outfit of the day
4. OTT: Over the top – It means excessive or exaggerated
5. Salty: If someone says that you are being salty, then probably you are in a bad mood.
6. Sus: A truncated version of suspect, this word is used for a person who acts shady
7. Shenanigans: High Spirit people
8. Finding feet: Still trying to settle down things in a new place
9. Head Honcho: A person with authority
10. Folly: Foolishness
11. Gush over: Going crazy
12. Sesh: A drinking session
13. Fleek: It means you are on point, the word means cool, trendy and desirable
14. Adulting: When one someone is finally becomes mature and learn how to take responsibility
15. Gaslighting: Manipulating
16. Heyday: Young days
17. BTS: Behind the scene
18. Helluva: Short and entertaining
19. MIL: Mother – in – law
20. Stalwart: Loyal co-worker
21. F&F: Flirt and forget
22. Cup caking: Talking to someone extra sweet
23. Frating: Two people become friends with the intention a dating in future
24. Bounce: It’s when you have to leave someplace quickly.
25. RT: You like the tweet, then just retweet (RT) it.
26. JOMO: Do you know FOMO is already out of fashion, the new word is – JOMO, Joy of missing out
27. Lit: When something is especially awesome
28. Break the internet: Taking the internet by storm
29. Slaying: Killing it with your looks
30. Humble Brag: When you want to share how fantastic your life is but you don’t want to be that guy who brags that his life is fantastic, that’s when humble brag comes into play.