Different Types of Doctors and their work: Are you aware of the profession well?
Whenever we think about a doctor our physician comes to our mind, right? However, that particular doctor, the family physician, represents only one of the countless areas in which medical professionals work. In fact, there is a specific type of doctor for almost every major system located in the human body.
Here is a basic list of doctors you should know about:-
1. Cardiologist: Cardiologist is a doctor that deals with the cardiovascular system of human body. It means he or she is the doctor who treats any abnormality in your blood vessels and heart. It can include heart disease or condition too which requires diagnosis and treatment.
2. Audiologist: As per its name suggests, the doctor of an audiologist treats and evaluates anything and everything to do with audio or hearing abilities of a person and particularly with regard to hearing loss in children. As hearing is a very important sense for everyone, it requires an expert to treat it in a special way.
3. Dentist: According to Dental Association, a dentist is a doctor of oral health. This oral health includes teeth, tongue and gums. A dentist is known to treat issues of these three areas.
4. ENT specialist: ENT specialist concentrates and diagnoses the issues and troubles of these three areas Ear, Nose and Throat. Children often seek treatment from ENT specialists for surgery in these above areas. It is also known as an otolaryngologist.
5. Gynecologist: A gynecologist is trained to work with the female reproductive system which includes the vagina, uterus, ovaries and breasts to assess and prevent mainly related to fertility issues. Female patients are especially advised to go to a gynecologist once a year.
6. Orthopedic surgeon: An orthopedic surgeon is known to deal and concerned with the skeletal system such as broken bones and arthritis. It means muscles and bones and any fracture, pain or abnormality of these areas needs to be consulted with an orthopedic surgeon. These doctors are often found in emergency rooms to treat the emergency patients.
7. Pediatrician: Pediatricians are doctors who work with infants, children, and adolescents regarding a wide variety of health issues, ranging from the common cold to severe conditions. Since a child’s body functions in a different manner from yours, their illness and health issues are different from an adult. They make their environment kid-friendly.
8. Psychiatrists: Psychiatrists, who research and study the behavior of mental processes, mental health is a major field which requires utmost attention. To treat with what goes inside a human brain is difficult but a psychiatrist helps treat and diagnose issues of mental illnesses and behavioral disorders.
9. Veterinarian: Veterinarians are the doctor of animals. After the uniqueness of mental health, here is the time to come the issue of our fur buddies. Treatment and diagnosis of issues in animals is done by a veterinarian. It includes the mental and the physical both problems as well.
10. Radiologist: A radiologist for diagnosing diseases and internal & external injuries and detect physiological ailments through the use of x-rays and other such imaging technologies. They scan the victim’s body for hazardous cells, such as cancer cells, and look for fractures or breaks in accident victims which cannot be done without a machine.
11. Pulmonologist: Pulmonary means lungs, hence a doctor who treats lungs. Since the list of abnormalities and issues relating to lungs is long in modern times, a pulmonologist helps diagnose and treat common issues like lung cancer.
12. Endocrinologist: An endocrinologist is specify in illnesses and for treating the endocrine system which includes the pituitary gland, pancreas, ovaries, thyroid, hypothalamus etc. They study hormone levels in this area they treat diabetes, hyperthyroidism etc.
13. Oncologist: Oncology focuses on the treatment and prevention the study of all types of cancers. It involves the radiation, medical and surgical. Oncologists can specialize and diagnosis of cancerous illnesses, chemotherapy and radiotherapy to destroy cancer cells in the body.
14. Neurologist: As the name suggest, a neurologist work with the human brain to determine causes and treatments for such serious illnesses as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, and many others. In addition to research on the brain stem, neurologists also study the nervous system and diseases that affect that region.
15. Cardiologist: A cardiothoracic surgeon treats of the heart and the many diseases and issues related to it. They assess the medical conditions of the heart, lungs, esophagus and other organs in the chest.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com