In 2018 do not forget to do something special for yourself
2017 is almost over, with the last week of the year, we have just been reminiscing about the year that was. Articles related to the best films of the year, top events of the year, most searched words of the year, and much more are all over the internet. Well, we all should be thankful for all the good things that happened to us in 2017 and should try to forget all the bad memories of this year.
People all across the globe are preparing for the New Year Eve. Well, the New Year will definitely bring new hopes for all of us but we too need to do few things to make our life a little brighter in 2018.
Here are 10 things that you definitely do in 2018:
1. Reach out to someone new: Be it personal or professional if you really want to grow, reach out to someone new. Expand your network. The more people you know, the greater opportunities that are available to you. Small network with strong ties is better than a big network with weak ties.
2. Take a risk and fail: Taking a risk and getting fail is always a better option than not trying at all. “More pain more gain”. We all learn from our failures so do not let the fear of failure hinder your growth process.
3. Give your brain a break: It is important to give yourself a mental break. Keep yourself away from technology for a while and allow your creativity to take over. This process can help you to explore your skills better.
4. Write and Publish: If you like to read and write, then why don’t you just use your skills? Write your blog, use twitter and build your social media image which is very important these days.
5. Do not hesitate in saying No: If you want to be seen as a leader, say no once in a while to set your boundaries and priorities. Don’t let people make decisions for you. Keep your decision making power to yourself.
6. Take a stand: Its ok to have opinions and remember your opinions can be different from others. You should be vocal about your choices.
7. Stay updated: If you really want to make it to the top, then you must stay updated. Make it your habit just like brushing your teeth. News keeps you more updated about the world and the potential opportunities that exist.
8. Work on your finances: If you always struggle with your finances, then take a pledge that you will manage them better in 2018. Invest in property, paper gold or even in mutual funds for a better result.
9. Accept your mistakes and work on them: If you did something wrong accept your mistake and try to correct it. Accepting your fault will definitely make you a stronger person.
10. Don’t become a people pleaser and do something for yourself: Do something that you want to do. If others call you selfish for it, then it’s okay. Sometimes it’s not about pleasing others.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at