Include Rishikesh in your travel bucket list for sure, here are 10 reasons to travel Rishikesh once in a lifetime
Travelling always sounds good! If you are an adventurous person then you should must include Rishikesh in your bucket list. Rishikesh is a perfect place to get peace. Sitting at the corner of Ganga Ghat and looking at the sky full of stars… walking through laxman jhula is just beyond imagination. Cliff jumping and Bungee jumping, relaxing at Neelgarh waterfall and listening to the thunderous sound of the water below reminding you how powerful nature can be and the tiny crabs and fishes will leave you guys with an amazing experience that you will never forget. It’s just unforgettable experience. Rishikesh will give you immense inner peace but will also suit your budget. Here are 10 powerful reasons to travel Rishikesh once in a lifetime.
1. If you are planning to go on a spiritual journey, then Rishikesh is the best place to visit. It will not only provide you inner peace but will also suit your budget. Rishikesh is best spiritual place to travel. The holy water lapping at your feet on the banks of the river at Parmarth Niketan ashram makes it a more intimate and relaxed affair. At this beautiful ashram arti is not performed by pandits, the Ganga Aarti at Parmarth Niketan is organized and performed by ashram residents, particularly the children who are studying the Vedas there. You will definitely enjoy the divinity environment.
2. Even your evening gets better when you are sitting under the Laxman Jhula, every dewdrop has a whole heaven within it. When the light and the air vary continually, making the wind wild with the leaves and the water. You get that amazing feeling breathing in the clean and perfumed air and gazing at the beautiful night sky will make you tremble with joy. With this experience you will learn to find joy in little things.
3. You can test your guts too: Rishikesh is not only a place where you can enjoy spiritual environment. It is adventurous too. If you have guts then jumping heights is the place where you can show it. It offers bungee jump, firefox and many more. So, if you love adventure, Rishikesh is the best place to travel.
4. You can spare some time for yourself: Usually life of big cities are full of stress and tension. So, it’s really important to spare some time for yourself and enjoy some nature beauty. The Neelgarh waterfalls office is located at a 5 min. drive from Shivpuri, you need to buy a Rs. 15 ticket from there to head further. The road to uphill is broken and after around 10 minutes you reach the place. To enjoy the real beauty of this place you need to go to the topmost point through stairs and a little trek. It’s tiring but believe us, it will heal your soul.
5. Want to challenge yourself, then Rishikesh is the right place: River rafting and cliff jumping are the two things one must try in a lifetime and this place offers both. They will cost you Rs. 300 to 700 depending upon the season. So, don’t think just pack your bags and go. River rafting is just amazing.
6. You will feel all the negativity washed away and discover bliss by sitting under a waterfall at shivpuri. Rishikesh is a place that will clean up your soul.
7. Take a step towards being healthy by practicing yoga and meditation at the yoga capital of India.
8. Rejuvenate yourself: The Beatles Ashram is the place which has the sense of rejuvenation in its every speck. If you are planning to go Rishikesh then must visit this ashram. Beatles spent their most productive time in this Ashram and wrote various songs.
9. Learn about Hinduism: Young generation has no knowledge of Hinduism that they should actually have. Rishikesh is the religious focal point of the world’s famous and oldest religion. So for all those who wants to seek knowledge, this is the place.
10. If you are looking for a trip that is thrilling and spiritual at the same time and low in budget too then Rishikesh is the best place.
So, if you guys are making up your mind for Rishikesh then don’t even give it a thought just go and enjoy.
Travelling details to Rishikesh aka ‘Yoga Capital’
Rishikesh is just 221 kilometres far from Delhi.
1. Train to Haridwar > Taxi/Bus to RishikeshTrain to Haridwar: Well, there are no direct trains to Rishikesh and the closest railway station is Haridwar. Trains which runs between Delhi and Haridwar are Shatabdi Express, Jan Shatabdi Express, Mussoorie Express and the AC special. A return train fare from Delhi to Haridwar will cost you around Rs. 800 per person.
2. Taxi/Bus to Rishikesh: If you don’t want to travel from train then taxi or bus is also an option. The distance between Haridwar and Rishikesh is 23 kilometers. Hire a taxi, a shared auto, or take a bus to reach Rishikesh. A shared auto will cost you around Rs. 35 per person and a ticket on a state run bus will cost you around Rs. 25 per person. If you are travelling from North India, you can also reach Rishikesh by road. Drive down yourself, or take a bus. There are many private, as well as state transport buses that run between Delhi and Rishikesh. A return bus ticket from Delhi to Haridwar will cost you around Rs. 1,100.
Where to stay?
There are a lot of options available. Some of the options are:
Tapovan Resort: Resorts are the best option to stay. They are surrounded by mountains and on the banks of holy river Ganga, Tapovan Resort is located in close proximity to Laxman Jhula and some other popular attractions.
Facilities: Restaurant, Parking, Spa/Wellness Centre
Tariff: Rs. 1,710 per night
2. Hotel Divine Ganga Cottage: It is located on the banks of River Ganga, Hotel Divine Ganga Cottage features 23 decently decorated rooms and has a conference hall for up to 50 people.
Facilities: Cable TV, Wi-Fi, Restaurant | Spa/Wellness Centre
Tariff: Rs. 1,900 per night
3. Hotel Divine Resort: A leading budget property in Rishikesh, Hotel Divine Resort offers a wide range of rooms, each of which is neatly decorated and offer beautiful views of the holy Ganga River.
Facilities: Spa, Gym, Wi-Fi, Restaurant
Tariff: Rs. 3,700 per night
For eating there are many cafés and restaurants that are affordable.