Here are 10 obvious feelings that every elder sister goes through when her younger sister starts dating
Well, elder sister always treat her younger sister as their sweety! They are generally possessive and overprotective for them. There is no harm in this. But we must say, elder sisters always give the best advice that we need at every stage of our life. When their little sister gets her first boyfriend, so many feelings and emotions start battling it out in their head. Of course they feel happy for her, but at the same time they are nervous too. Here are 10 obvious feelings that every elder sister goes through when her younger sister starts dating.
1. Your first reaction when you find out she is dating is to tell her NO. You will always find her a kid. She is too young and too innocent! She is definitely NOT ready for dating. She is still your baby sister. But eventually, you have to believe that your baby sister is no longer a baby. She is all grown up now.
2. You get a shock when you will come to know about the stages of relationship your little sister has passed through: Well, it is already hard to believe that your baby sister is in relationship and when you came to know about the stages she has passed through it will give you a shock. *Freaks out* you guys kissed? *Freaks out harder* you guys said, “I love you”?
3. Most importantly you get mad, because you DEFINITELY were not allowed to date when you were your sister’s age. This is not jealousy of course. You were not allowed to date someone because your parents were not used to seeing their kids date at that point, but still. So, feeling is obvious you too would not allow your sister to date at such a young age.
4. If you are not dating someone then you might feel alone as your sister as well as your best friend gets busy in her love life.
5. You feel like the biggest loser third-wheeling when your sister and her boyfriend are hanging out at home. You tried texting all your friends to hang out, so that you would not feel so pathetic while your baby sister gets all romantic with her boyfriend downstairs, but they are all busy and you end up joining them.
6. Their PDA acts will disturb you: So, your baby is no longer a baby. Their PDA acts will disturb you. Even if it is just them putting their arms around each other, or giving each other a quick peck on the lips, it gives you the shivers because EWWWW. That’s your baby sister.
7. It’s difficult for you to bond with her boyfriend: of course you are enjoying elder one so you will check out all the qualities in your sister’s man and sometimes it is just difficult for you to bond with him.
8. You cannot help but be a little suspicious of her SO. You want to be the supportive, super cool older sister, but you cannot help but be suspicious and overprotective sometimes. You know from experience what it’s like to date someone who turns out to be a sleazy jerk face, and you don’t want her making that mistake.
9. You will always try to be a cool sister but it’s not easy. You are in a constant battle with yourself between being the cool older sister and the protective older sister. On one hand, you don’t want to tell them because obviously your sister has not told them but you also want to tell them because you actually are concerned and just want the best for your sister.
10. Worst feeling! When your little sister gets dumped, it feels like you have been dumped. And it takes everything in you not to call her ex up and curse him or her out in your little, innocent sister’s defence.